Are you a music lover who enjoys listening to your favorite tunes while driving? If so, you may have noticed that the audio quality in your car isn’t always the best. This is where car equalizers come in. This device can help improve the sound quality of your car’s audio system, making it sound more crisp, clear, and enjoyable to listen to.
In this article, we will be discussing the best car equalizers available out there, including their features, pros, and cons. So, without further ado, let’s get into it!
Our Top 8 Best Car Equalizers
Here are eight of the best car equalizers that you can get your hands on:
Best Overall: Clarion EQS755
- 1/2-DIN chassis graphic equalizer with built-in low-pass filter6-channel/ 8-Volt RCA outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)7-ban graphic equalizer (50Hz, 125Hz, 315Hz, 750Hz, 2.2Khz, 6Khz, 16Khz)
- 3.5mm Front aux input2-channel RCA aux input with variable gain adjustments and high level speaker inputs
- Blue illumination independent master volume and subwoofer level Control with fader control select able 12Db low-pass Filer (60Hz or 90Hz)
- Ground loop isolation circuit Dimensions: 7"(w)x4-1/4"(l)x1"(h)
The Clarion EQS755 is a versatile 7-band graphic equalizer that enables users to fine-tune their audio. With a 1/2-DIN chassis standing at 1-inch tall, it covers frequency adjustments from 50 Hz to 16 kHz across seven bands. It also features 6Ch/8V RCA outputs, speaker-level, and line- inputs, as well as a selectable low-pass filter for sub-out.
The EQS755 provides an extended frequency response from 20Hz to 30kHz. It has a two-channel AUX RCA input, 3.5mm AUX front input, subwoofer level as well as master volume with variable gain adjustment.
Designed to work with both low-level (RCA) and high-level speaker inputs, the EQS755 has a selectable, low-pass 12dB filter (60Hz-90Hz) and blue illumination. Additionally, the equalizer has subwoofer level control with fader control.
- Versatile 7-band graphic equalizer
- Extended frequency response
- Multiple input and output options
- Independent master volume
- Tricky installation process
Budget-Friendly: Sound Storm Laboratories S4EQ
- Dual Color Illumination
- Variable Subwoofer Filter, Subwoofer Level Control, Master Volume Control
- Switchable Phase Selector, Fader Control, Input Selector, 2 Source Input
- Gold-Plated Front, Rear, and Subwoofer Outputs, Pre-amp Output: 7 V
- EQ Band Center Frequencies: 40 Hz, 150 Hz, 1 kHz, 20 kHz
The S4EQ from Sound Storm Laboratories is a graphic equalizer with four bands, a master volume control, input gain control, and a subwoofer crossover. It enables users to input an audio source into the device and then send the signal to amplifier/speaker drivers while controlling the sound with an equalized control point.
The S4EQ features a subwoofer, rear and front outputs, subwoofer volume control, and fader control, as well as a variable subwoofer frequency range of 30Hz-250Hz. Additionally, the S4EQ has a dual-color illumination system that displays red and green lights.
This car equalizer is a parametric EQ that separates high, mid, and bass frequencies, with gold-plated outputs. It’s easy to install and upgrade for any music application, making it a great addition to any sound system. The S4EQ is a cost-effective option with amazing features, making it a popular choice among music enthusiasts.
- Four-band graphic equalizer
- Subwoofer, front, and rear outputs
- Parametric EQ
- Easy to install and upgrade
- Not as durable as others
Best Car Equalizer for Bass: BOSS Audio Systems AVA1210
- Front Adjustable EQ Band Frequencies: 125 Hz, 500 Hz, 3.5 kHz, 12 kHz
- Rear Adjustable EQ Bands Frequencies: 50 Hz, 600 Hz, 6.3 kHz
- Switchable Subwoofer Filter 32 Hz – 128 Hz, Frequency Response 10 Hz – 15 kHz
- Inputs: Dual 2 Channel Source. Outputs: Front, Rear & Sub. Fader Control
- Gain + / - 18 dB, Maximum Input Voltage 15 Volts, Maximum Output Voltage 8 Volts
The AVA1210 by BOSS Audio Systems is a car equalizer that features a 7-band pre-amp to fine-tune your vehicle’s audio system. With a gold-plated subwoofer and rear and front outputs, the AVA1210 delivers high-quality sound. The equalizer’s seven bands cover frequencies from 125Hz-12kHz, making it easy to customize your sound, whether you want to enhance treble or boost bass.
This equalizer’s sleek design will complement any car interior – complete with a blue LED backlight for easy reading in low-light conditions. It also includes a switchable subwoofer output to adjust the subwoofer level independently, allowing you to fine-tune the bass as desired.
The AVA1210 provides a 4-channel RCA input for connecting multiple audio sources and a fader control to adjust the balance between front and rear speakers. The maximum output of 8 volts ensures your car’s audio system receives ample power.
- Seven-band pre-amp
- Gold-plated outputs
- Switchable subwoofer output
- Fader control for balance adjustment
- Ample power output
- May require professional installation
- Features of R7EQ: Rockville R7EQ 1/2 Din 7 Band Car Audio Equalizer EQ w/ Front, Rear + Sub Output, Includes mounting brackets and screws for easy installation, 7 adjustable bands of equalization (50Hz,125Hz,315Hz,750Hz,2.2KHz,6KHz and 12KHz), Each band is adjustable from -18dB to +18dB, Adjustable subwoofer frequency from 40Hz to 250Hz
- Built in crossover, Subwoofer level controls and subwoofer frequency cutoff controls (40-250 Hz), Built in 7 volt line driver, Blue LED lights on each rotary knob, Front, rear, and sub preamp outputs, Aux input with gain knob to adjust aux volume
- Strong metal chassis with high quality rotary knobs for all controls, Amazing quality with low distortion (Built with top quality components), Frequency response: 20Hz TO 20KHz +/- 1dB, S/N Ratio: 101 dB, Crossover Roll-Off: 12dB per octave, Input impedance: 10K
- Input sensitivity: 200mv per channel >7V, THD: 0.01%, Input: 12V, Output: 15V, Power requirement: 11-16V DC, Unit dimensions in inches: 7.04” x 4.72” 1.1”
The Rockville R7EQ is a car audio equalizer that is specifically designed to enhance the sound quality of car audio systems. It is a ½-Din device that comes with mounting brackets and screws, which makes installation easy.
The R7EQ features seven adjustable equalization bands from 50Hz to 12KHz. Each band is adjustable from -18dB to +18dB; providing users with precise control over the sound output. This equalizer also has a built-in crossover and an adjustable subwoofer frequency ranging from 40Hz to 250Hz.
- Seven adjustable equalization bands
- Easy installation.
- Built-in crossover
- Only compatible with car audio systems.
Massive Audio EQ7X
- TOP RATED CAR AUDIO EQUALIZER | The EQ7X Massive Audio Car Stereo Equalizer is a 7 band graphic equalizer that will correct peaks and dips in sound characteristics associated with most vehicles' interior. This Graphic Equalizer also features a switch to change the LED color from Red to Blue depending on the interior of the vehicle.
- MORE TUNING CONTROL | With Stellar features such as: Adjustable Master Volume Level, Adjustable Subwoofer Level, 2-Channel RCA Aux Input and Adjustable Gain, 7-Band, 1/2 DIN, 8V Line Driver, Auxiliary inputs, 6-Channel / 7V RCA Outputs, you can take full control on how you like your music to sound Clearer, Better, Perfect!
- SAY GOODBYE TO WHITE NOISE | Don't waste your time or money on cheap quality Car Audio Equalizers that produce a lot of background noise. With Selectable 12dB Low-Pass Crossover (60Hz or 90Hz), and Gold Plated Terminals, you're sure to get great crossovers and perfect sound quality.
- EASY TO INSTALL. LONG LASTING. | The Massive Audio EQ7X Car Audio Equalizer is easy to install and produces amazing results for years! The EQ7 is the perfect device to enhance your Car Audio's performance, and the Best Car Equalizer in its class! Dimensions: 7" (W) x 1" (H) x 4-1/8" (D)
- MASSIVE AUDIO QUALITY | Since 1999, Massive Audio has been an industry leader in high performance audio products. Massive Audio laid its roots in high quality audio reproduction through in-house engineering and a dedication to customers.
The EQ7X by Massive Audio is a compact 7-band graphic equalizer specifically designed for use in cars. Its small half-din size allows it to fit into tight spaces, and it is intended to correct sound issues that are common in most vehicles’ interiors, resulting in limited speaker output and imaging. Its compact size – combined with powerful features – makes it an excellent option for enhancing the audio quality of car audio systems.
Some of the standout features of the EQ7X are its 8V liner driver, 7V RCA outputs, and AUX inputs. The 7-band equalizer provides users with the ability to fine-tune the sound to their preference; while the 12dB crossover ensures that the sound remains clear and crisp. Additionally, the gold-plated RCA connectors facilitate high-quality connections between the equalizer and the amplifier.
Installation and use of the EQ7X is a breeze, and it includes a switch that allows users to change the faceplate’s backlit color from blue to red. It is compatible with most car audio systems and can be used with both stock head units and low-level to high-level converters. Users can adjust the bands to their preference and enjoy a better sound quality experience while driving.
- Compact size
- 7-band equalizer
- AUX inputs
- Easy to install and use
- Limited to use
Skar Audio SKA7EQ
- 6 Channel 7-Band High Performance Car Audio 1/2 DIN Pre-Amp Electronic Equalizer
- Featuring 2 (Balanced & Selectable) RCA Inputs - Main and Auxiliary (Aux w/ Variable Gain Control) | THD: 0. 005%
- High Voltage (Max Output Voltage - 7V) Gold Plated Pre-Amp RCA Outputs - Front, Rear, and Subwoofer (with Variable Subwoofer Level Control on Front of EQ)
- 7 Fully Adjustable -12 dB to +12 dB EQ Bands (50 Hz, 125 Hz, 320 Hz, 750 Hz, 2. 2 kHz, 6 kHz, 16 kHz) with Built-in Fader Control
- Take Full Control Over Your Car Audio System with this EQ | Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB, Low Pass Frequency Switch: 60 Hz / 120 Hz
The SKA7EQ by Skar Audio is a pre-amp graphic equalizer designed for car audio systems. It offers seven adjustable bands at various frequencies, ranging from 40Hz to 16kHz, with a range of -12 dB to +12 dB.
The device features two sets of RCA inputs and high-voltage pre-amp RCA outputs for the subwoofer, front, and rear. It also has a low pass frequency switch and a signal-to-noise ratio of 100dB with a THD of 0.0005%. The SKA7EQ has master and subwoofer volume controls; allowing users to customize their listening experience.
- Precise control over audio frequencies
- High signal-to-noise ratio
- Subwoofer volume controls
- Outputs may not be compatible with all car audio systems
- Audiopipe 9 Band Equalizer
The Audiopipe EQ-909X is an equalizer that can be used to enhance the sound quality of a car’s audio system. Its compact size of less than 7 inches makes it a great choice for those with limited space in their vehicle. This equalizer is engineered to deliver consistent performance; providing a remarkable audio experience.
The EQ-909X offers nine bands of equalization, giving users the ability to fine-tune the sound quality across nine different frequency ranges. This enables precise calibration of the audio system to achieve the desired sound output. Additionally, the equalizer features a 9V line driver, which amplifies the signal strength of the audio system; leading to a clearer and more powerful sound output.
The Audiopipe EQ-909X is equipped with a user manual that is available in both English and Spanish. The manual contains detailed instructions on how to install and use the equalizer; making it easy for users to set it up and start enjoying its benefits.
- Compact size
- Nine bands of equalization
- The 9V line driver
- Clear instructions for easy installation
- May not be compatible with all car audio systems.
Best Car Equalizer for Advanced Tuning: American Bass High End 7 Band Equalizer
- Frequency Steps: 50Hz, 125Hz, 315Hz, 750Hz, 2.2KHz, 6KHz, 12KHz.
- 7 V Preamp Output. 2 RCA Inputs. Fader Control.
- Sub Frequency (30-300Hz) and Volume Control.
- Dimension: 9"Lx 8"Wx 2"H.
The American Bass Equalizer is a valuable tool for audio enthusiasts who want to customize their sound system. This equalizer is equipped with a digital volt meter, which allows for real-time monitoring of the system’s voltage levels. It also includes a built-in line driver with a 7V output; ensuring a clear and strong audio signal.
With seven different frequency bands ranging from 50Hz to 16kHz; the seven-band equalizer provides users with precise control over their sound. Additionally, the subwoofer level control enables independent adjustments, ensuring optimal bass levels.
Installing and operating the American Bass High End 7 Band Equalizer is easy, making it a great option for beginners and experienced audiophiles alike. The device’s durable construction ensures longevity and reliability for years to come.
- Offers precise control
- Subwoofer level control
- Digital volt meter
- Easy to install and operate
- May be too technical for casual users
Factors to Consider when Buying a Car Equalizer
When considering buying a car equalizer; there are several important factors to take into account to ensure that you get the right one for your needs. Some of the key factors to consider include:
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a car equalizer is compatibility. Make sure that the equalizer you choose is compatible with your car’s audio system. This means that you need to know the make and model of your car, as well as the type of audio system that it has.
Quality & Brand
The quality of the equalizer and the brand that it comes from are also important factors to consider. You want to choose an equalizer that is made from high-quality materials and is built to last. Additionally, you want to choose a brand that is well-known and has a good reputation in the audio industry.
Type of Music
Another important factor to consider when choosing a car equalizer is the type of music that you listen to. Different types of music require different frequency adjustments, so you want to choose an equalizer that is designed to work well with the type of music that you enjoy listening to.
The last thing you want is to invest in an equalizer that will leave you broke. You want to choose an equalizer that is within your price range, but also offers the features and quality that you need.
Number of Bands
The number of bands that the equalizer has is also an important consideration. The more bands that the equalizer has, the more control you have over the audio output. For example, a 7-band equalizer will give you more control than a 4-band equalizer.
Type of Inputs and Outputs
The type of inputs and outputs that the equalizer has is also important to consider. You want to choose an equalizer that has the inputs and outputs that you need to connect it to your car’s audio system. For example, if you have an auxiliary input on your car’s audio system; you may want to choose an equalizer that has an auxiliary input as well.
A car equalizer is a great way to improve the sound quality of your car’s audio system. By adjusting the levels of different frequencies, you can tailor the sound to your specific preferences. There are many great car equalizers on the market to choose from – each with its own unique features and benefits. When selecting a car equalizer, it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences!
Car Equalizers – FAQs
How many channels should a car equalizer have?
The number of channels a car equalizer should have varies depending on the model. Some equalizers use a single set of controls for both rear and front speakers, while others have separate left and right channels for better tuning.
What is the difference between a 4-channel and 6-channel equalizer?
The difference between a 4-channel and 6-channel equalizer is the number of channels they can accept from a receiver. A four-channel equalizer can accept a receiver’s rear and front outputs, while a six-channel EQ can also accept the subwoofer outputs, allowing the user to adjust the subwoofer’s level with the receiver’s controls.
Which type of equalizer is better for adjusting subwoofer levels?
In the digital domain, there are four types of equalizers: graphic, parametric, semi-parametric, and shelving. In general, a parametric equalizer is the best type of equalizer for adjusting subwoofer levels, as it allows for more precise adjustments.
What is the difference between a graphic equalizer and a parametric equalizer?
The main difference between a graphic equalizer and a parametric equalizer is the level of control they offer. A graphic equalizer has a fixed set of frequencies that can be adjusted using a single slider control per band, while a parametric equalizer allows users to select a center or primary frequency and adjust the boost/cut and width of the band using separate controls.
Amazon Products on this Page Was Last Updated On 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API