Looking for a car that won’t break the bank when it comes to insurance costs? Look no further! Our research has uncovered the top 7 models with the cheapest insurance rates in 2022.
Subaru Outback, Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V, Jeep Wrangler, Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX-5, and Ford Escape all made the cut, with annual insurance costs ranging from $1,336 to $1,427.
But what sets these cars apart from the rest? It’s simple: safety features, reliability, and low theft rates. These models boast advanced safety features like automatic emergency braking and lane departure warning systems, reducing the risk of accidents and lowering insurance premiums. Plus, they’re less likely to break down or need repairs, which means lower insurance costs. And with low theft rates, you can rest easy knowing your car is less likely to be targeted by thieves.
Of course, insurance rates can vary depending on your age, driving record, and location. So be sure to shop around and get quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates for your individual needs. But with these top 7 models, you’re already off to a great start!
The Top Cheapest Vehicles to Insure in 2022
If you’re looking to save money on car insurance, it’s important to choose a vehicle that is known for its affordability. Fortunately, there are several cars on the market that fall into this category. Based on our research, the following are the top ten cheapest vehicles to insure in 2022:
1. Subaru Outback ($1,336 annually)
2. Subaru Forester ($1,347 annually)
3. Honda CR-V ($1,359 annually)
4. Jeep Wrangler ($1,406 annually)
5. Hyundai Tucson ($1,406 annually)
6. Mazda CX-5 ($1,412 annually)
7. Ford Escape ($1,427 annually)
It’s worth noting that while these are the cheapest vehicles to insure overall, your individual insurance premiums may vary based on a variety of factors. That said, choosing one of these cars could certainly help save you money in the long run.
Subaru Dominates the List with Outback and Forester
Subaru is a brand known for its reliability and safety, and it’s no surprise that two of its models make the list of the cheapest vehicles to insure. The Outback takes the top spot, with an average annual insurance cost of just $1,336. The Forester is close behind, with an annual cost of $1,347.
This comes as no surprise to Subaru fans, who have long touted the brand’s commitment to safety. Both the Outback and Forester come equipped with all-wheel drive, making them suitable for a variety of weather conditions. Additionally, they both come with a suite of advanced safety features, including adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and pre-collision braking.
Honda CR-V and Jeep Wrangler Offer Budget-Friendly Insurance
Taking the third and fourth spots on the list are the Honda CR-V and Jeep Wrangler, respectively. Both of these vehicles offer budget-friendly insurance options, with annual premiums of $1,359 and $1,406.
The Honda CR-V is a popular choice among small SUVs, thanks to its spacious interior and fuel-efficient engine. It also comes with a variety of advanced safety features, including automatic emergency braking and lane departure warning.
The Jeep Wrangler, on the other hand, is known for its off-road capabilities and rugged exterior. Despite its reputation for adventure, it’s actually a surprisingly affordable car to insure.
Hyundai Tucson and Mazda CX-5 Make the Cut
Rounding out the list are the Hyundai Tucson and Mazda CX-5. Both of these vehicles have an annual insurance cost of $1,406, putting them in a tie for fifth place.
The Hyundai Tucson is a reliable SUV that comes with a long list of standard features, including a touch-screen infotainment system and a rearview camera. It also comes with Hyundai’s impressive 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
The Mazda CX-5, on the other hand, is known for its sleek exterior and sporty handling. It also comes with a variety of advanced safety features, including blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert.
Ford Escape Also Makes the List
Finally, the Ford Escape rounds out the list with an annual insurance cost of $1,427. The Escape is a popular choice among small SUVs, thanks to its comfortable ride and roomy interior.
One notable feature of the Ford Escape is its available hybrid powertrain, which can help save money on gas in the long run. Additionally, it comes with Ford’s Co-Pilot360 suite of advanced safety features, making it a safe choice for families.
Why Insurance Cost Varied Between Makes and Models
So why do some cars cost more to insure than others? There are several factors that come into play when determining insurance premiums, including:
– The car’s value: More expensive cars typically cost more to insure, since it would cost more to repair or replace them if they were damaged or stolen.
– The car’s safety rating: Cars with higher safety ratings typically have lower insurance costs, since they are less likely to be involved in accidents.
– The car’s repair costs: If a car requires expensive repairs, it will likely have higher insurance costs.
– The car’s theft rate: Cars that are more likely to be stolen may have higher insurance costs.
Other Factors That Affect Insurance Premiums
While the make and model of your car certainly plays a role in determining insurance premiums, there are several other factors to consider as well. These include:
– Your driving record: Drivers with clean driving records typically pay less for car insurance than those with a history of accidents or traffic violations.
– Your age and gender: Younger drivers and male drivers tend to pay more for insurance, since they are statistically more likely to be involved in accidents.
– Your location: Insurance rates can vary widely based on where you live, since some areas have higher rates of accidents or theft.
– Your credit score: In some states, insurance companies are allowed to use your credit score as a factor in determining premiums.
Tips for Finding Affordable Insurance for Your Car
If you’re looking to save money on car insurance, there are a few tips to keep in mind:
– Shop around: Don’t just go with the first insurance company you come across. Take the time to compare rates from several different providers.
– Look for discounts: Many insurance companies offer discounts for things like safe driving, multiple cars, or bundling your home and auto insurance.
– Raise your deductible: If you’re willing to pay a higher deductible, you may be able to lower your overall insurance costs.
– Consider your coverage needs: Make sure you’re not paying for more coverage than you actually need. For example, if you have an older car, you may not need collision coverage.
– Improve your credit score: If your credit score is low, take steps to improve it. This can help lower your insurance premiums in the long run.
By keeping these tips in mind and choosing an affordable car to insure, you can save money on insurance while still getting the coverage you need.